Apache Derby: Quick Start
Welcome to Apache Derby! The resources listed below are intended for anyone new to Derby:
- Download Derby!
- The Getting Started guide introduces Derby.
- The online Apache Derby Tutorial provides a quick hands-on overview, and the WorkingWithDerby Wiki page links to even more tutorials.
- The FAQs page provides answers to common questions.
- The Derby Users mailing list responds to questions on how to use Derby.
Next Steps for Users
Once you understand Derby basics, you'll be ready for more. Below is a list of resources that explain in greater detail how to use Derby:
- How to use Derby with other products
Next Steps for Developers
The resources listed below are intended for developers who would like to contribute to the Derby project:
- The Derby Engine papers provide internal details about Derby.
- The Apache Derby: Get Involved! page includes tips for contributing code and documentation.
- The ForNewDevelopers Derby Wiki page provides guidance for new developers and suggests starting points.
- The Derby Developers mailing list hosts development discussions and responds to development questions.
Last updated: 9-Nov-2023