What is Apache Derby?
- Derby has a small footprint -- about 3.5 megabytes for the base engine and embedded JDBC driver.
- Derby is based on the Java, JDBC, and SQL standards.
- Derby provides an embedded JDBC driver that lets you embed Derby in any Java-based solution.
- Derby also supports the more familiar client/server mode with the Derby Network Client JDBC driver and Derby Network Server.
- Derby is easy to install, deploy, and use.
If you're new to Derby, check out the Quick Start page.
Many ApacheCon presentations that feature Derby can be downloaded from this Derby page.
- 22-October-2017: Derby 10.14.1.0 Release
- 29-October-2016: Derby 10.13.1.1 Release
- 11-October-2015: Derby 10.12.1.1 Release
- 27-August-2014: Derby 10.11.1.1 Release
- 17-April-2014: Derby 10.10.2.0 Release
- 17-April-2013: Derby 10.10.1.1 Release
- 29-January-2013: Derby 10.8.3.0 Release
- 25-June-2012: Derby 10.9.1.0 Release
- 26-October-2011: Derby 10.8.2.2 Release
- 02-May-2011: Derby 10.8.1.2 Release
- 15-Dec-2010: Derby 10.7.1.1 Release
- 06-Oct-2010: Derby 10.6.2.1 Release
- 19-May-2010: Derby 10.6.1.0 Release
- 26-August-2009: Derby 10.5.3.0 Release
- 01-May-2009: Derby 10.5.1.1 Release
- 05-September-2008: Derby 10.4.2.0 Release
- 20-May-2008: Derby 10.3.3.0 Release
- 26-April-2008: Derby 10.4.1.3 Release
- 10-December-2007: Derby 10.3.2.1 Release
- 10-August-2007: Derby 10.3.1.4 Release
- 19-December-2006: Derby 10.2.2.0 Release
- 6-October-2006: Derby 10.2.1.6 Release
- 5-July-2006: Derby 10.1.3.1 Release
- 30-June-2006: ApacheCon Europe 2006 had a Derby session on performance.
- 10-December-2005: ApacheCon US 2005 had three Derby sessions.
- 18-November-2005: Derby 10.1.2.1 Release
- 5-August-2005: Derby 10.1.1 Release
- 26-July-2005: The Incubator PMC voted in favor of graduating Derby to an Apache DB sub project.
- 6-December-2004: Derby 10.0.2.1 Incubator Release
- 13-November-2004: ApacheCon US 2004 had three Derby sessions, a tutorial, and a code contest.
- 3-August-2004: DB PMC voted to sponsor Derby (see the Derby Incubator proposal)