For Derby to provide localized messages:
- You must have the locale-specific Derby jar file. Derby provides
such jars for only some locales. You will find the locale jar files in the
/lib directory in your Derby installation.
- The locale-specific Derby jar file must be in the classpath.
The locale-specific Derby jar file is named derbyLocale_ll_CC.jar, where ll is the two-letter code for language,
and CC is the two-letter code for country. For example,
the name of the jar file for error messages for the German locale is derbyLocale_de_DE.jar.
supports the following locales:
- derbyLocale_de_DE.jar German
- derbyLocale_es.jar - Spanish
- derbyLocale_fr.jar - French
- derbyLocale_it.jar - Italian
- derbyLocale_ja_JP.jar - Japanese
- derbyLocale_ko_KR.jar - Korean
- derbyLocale_pt_BR.jar - Brazilian Portuguese
- derbyLocale_zh_CN.jar - Simplified Chinese
- derbyLocale_zh_TW.jar - Traditional Chinese